SAI’s Microbiology Laboratory has the distinction of being accredited by AIHA-LAP, LLC’s Environmental Microbiology Program (EMLAP). Accreditation by AIHA-LAP, LLC demonstrates that a laboratory is in compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025:2005(E) general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
SAI actively seeks advanced training workshops and collaborative seminars with world-renowned mycologists to stay on the leading edge of emerging industry trends and laboratory methodologies. Browse SAI’s full list of accreditations.
For high priority clearance projects requiring immediate analysis of spore-trap and direct-exam samples, our SOS® (Scopes On Site®) team provides mobile laboratory service on-site and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Spore Trap Analysis
- Non-culturable: Identification and enumeration (counts/m3) to genus (or group) of all spore types present, quantification of fibers and hyphal fragments, as well as an assessment of background debris and skin cells.
Surface/Bulk Sample Analysis
- Direct Examination (tape-lift, swab, or bulk): Identification and qualitative assessment to genus (or group) of all fungi present.
Culturable (Impactor Samples)
- Identification to genus level of all fungi and bacteria present and enumeration to cfu/m3. Identification to species of fungi and bacteria is available for a small surcharge.
Culturable (swab, wipe, bulk, dust)
- Identification to genus and/or species level of all fungi and bacteria present and quantification to CFU/unit. Identification to species of fungi and bacteria is available for a small surcharge.
Characterization of Dust
- Identification and semi-quantitative enumeration of household dust particles, fungi, pollen, and fibers.
- 7 day detection of Legionella pneumophila in potable water samples. This test is based on a bacterial enzyme detection technology.