Are you choosing a test for Legionella? How do you protect your clients or occupants from Legionnaires’ outbreaks and ensure that your potable/non-potable (i.e. reservoir sites) water is safe?
Choose SAI’s Microbiology Laboratory and use Legiolert® by IDEXX for quarterly checks and for the reopening of buildings for business or occupancy. Legiolert® is a selective reagent that shows the presence of L. pneumophila through the production of a definitive brown color and/or turbidity after incubation in a humidified environment.
When used with the Quanti-Tray® system, Legiolert® provides a confirmed MPN count of L. pneumophila. Unlike PCR, Legiolert® only counts viable bacteria but is still able to yield results within a week unlike the slower and less dependable ISO method.
How does SAI and Legiolert® benefit you when testing for Legionella?
- Fast- Instead of a 10-14-day TAT, we get you viable bacteria results in 7 days
- Save Lives and Money- The shorter turnaround time potentially saves lives, impresses your clients, and helps avoid costly, potentially dangerous, outbreak scenarios.
- Accuracy- The Legiolert® test has a significantly higher repeatability and reproducibility than the ISO method.
- Sensitivity – 1 organism/100mL
- Repeatability- measures the variation in measurements taken by a single instrument or person under the same conditions
- Cost- Price point is relatively the same as ISO for better/faster results.
Legiolert® works perfectly for your routine monitoring and quarterly checks. Compare our quality with the CDC ISO method here.